Feb 2019 — Current
Role: Backend developer and system administrator
Evnnt is the fastest and easiest way to find events in your area, anything from comedy and concerts, to movies, meetups and more! I was responsible for extending and maintaining the website’s backend.
- As a system administrator, brought the various services back up and configured them correctly.
- Extended scrapy spiders that feed data into the site
- Created an web-app for monitoring status of currently running scrapy spiders.
Technologies used — Python, Django, Flask, Scrapy, Celery, Redis, Supervisord, Postgresql, Nginx, AWS SES.
Inboxignite is a domain reputation management platform for email marketers. I was responsible for building and maintaining most of the backend services working in conjunction.
- Created web-app for monitoring DNS records, checking availability of mail servers, and sending emails from those mail servers conveniently.
- Created SMTP smart-host for routing emails.
- Created email queuing system that sped up bulk-email sending rate over 140 times.
- Created email deliverability // folder placement checker.
- Created user authentication system and dashboard, integrated with database.
Technologies used — Python, Flask, Redis, Supervisord, Slimta, SMTP, IMAP, MySQL, DNS, REST API.
Oct 2018 — Jan 2019
Role: Full stack web developer
I was responsible for building a Flask web-app to be used for onboarding users to a cryptocurrency service.
- Created web-app facilitating user data collection and verification, complete with admin dashboard.
Technologies used — Python, Flask, SQLite, UIKit.
Sep 2018 — December 2018
Role: Software architect
Removeads offers a cloud-based ad blocker backed by a DNS sinkhole, that blocks all ads in your computer across applications. Ankit Solanki and I were responsible for designing and building the whole software stack from ground up.
- Designed a system involving a GUI client app, and a fleet of DNS server which act as DNS sinkhole.
- Implemented automated VPS provisioning and getting a operational Pi-Hole installation.
- Implemented user authentication system.
Technologies used — Python, Flask, Pi-Hole, DNS.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering @ IIT Delhi
Sep 2018 — Present
Role: System administrator
- Implemented an Oauth authentication system to be leveraged by any app hosted within the infrastructure.
- Maintaining the computer systems and networks, responding to support requests.
Technologies used — Linux, Apache2, Reverse Proxy, VM, DNS, DHCP.