- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate. Verify
Software Developer Intern • May 2020 — July 2020
Worked on the enterprise infrastructure monitoring platform. Developed an automation tool that aided in self-healing of systems which experience disk space related issues.
Technologies used — Ansible, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk, RabbitMQ.
Projects • Freelance and Otherwise
Serverless URL shortener written in Python using the serverless framework. It uses Lambda functions as the serverless backend, and DynamoDB as the database. S3 is used for the static frontend, and finally Cloudfront is used as a reverse proxy.
- The Github repo is available @ https://github.com/SkullTech/shorty.sls
- The API documentation is built with Swagger and is available @ https://shorty.skghosh.me/swagger/
- Check out this blog post explaining the application and its architecture.
Cloud architect • May 2020
Designed the cloud architecture for a vehicle tracking and monitoring service.
The pipeline start with IoT devices installed in the cars, which are sending logs to the cloud using IoT Basic Ingest and Kinesis Firehose. The data is then being parsed with a Lambda function and subsequently stored to a DynamoDB table. At the same time, the raw data coming in through Kinesis Firehose is stored to an S3 data lake. Finally, Kinesis Data Analytics, IoT Analytics and Amazon Quicksight are being used to monitor and visualize the data coming in.
Backend developer and system administrator • Feb 2019 — Apr 2019
Click to expand
Evnnt is an event directory to find events in your area—like comedy, concerts and meetups—by location, distance, category and more. I was responsible for extending and maintaining the website’s backend.
- As a system administrator, brought the various services back up and configured them correctly.
- Built and extended a robust scrapy pipeline for scraping events from multiple websites.
- Created a high-performance web-app utilising Redis to monitor live statistics of the scrapy spiders.
Technologies used — Python, Django, Flask, Scrapy, Celery, Redis, Supervisord, Postgresql, Nginx, AWS SES.
Click to see details
Inboxignite is a domain reputation management platform for email marketers. I was responsible for building and maintaining most of the backend services.
- Created a web-app for monitoring DNS records, checking availability of mail servers, and sending emails from those mail servers conveniently.
- Created an SMTP smart-host for routing emails.
- Created an email queuing system that sped up bulk-email sending rate over 140 times.
- Created an email deliverability // folder placement checker.
- Created an user authentication system and a dashboard, integrated with the database.
Technologies used — Python, Flask, Redis, Supervisord, Slimta, SMTP, IMAP, MySQL, DNS.
Full stack web developer • Oct 2018 — Jan 2019
Click to see details
I was responsible for building a Flask web-app to be used for onboarding users to a cryptocurrency service.
- Created a web-app facilitating user data collection and verification, complete with admin dashboard.
Technologies used — Python, Flask, SQLite, UIKit.
Software architect • Sep 2018 — Dec 2018
Click to see details
Removeads offers a cloud-based ad blocker backed by a DNS sinkhole, that blocks all ads in your computer across applications. Ankit Solanki and I were responsible for designing and building the whole software stack from ground up.
- Designed a system involving a GUI client app, and a fleet of DNS server which act as a DNS sinkhole.
- Implemented automated VPS provisioning and getting an operational Pi-Hole installation.
- Implemented a user authentication system.
Technologies used — Python, Flask, Pi-Hole, DNS.
Et Cetera …
Jan 2016 — July 2019
I had been working as an independent contractor for more than 3 years. Apart from the ones mentioned above, I have worked on numerous projects; but admittedly I have tended to choose projects with a relatively smaller scale, due to the intermittent nature of my availability as I was also continuing my college studies alongside this. I’m not currently looking for any freelance work.
Technologies used — Python, Selenium, Flask, Django.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering @ IIT Delhi
System administrator • Sep 2018 — Present
- Implemented an Oauth authentication system to be leveraged by any app hosted within the infrastructure.
- Maintaining the computer systems and networks, responding to support requests.
Technologies used — Linux, Apache2, Reverse Proxy, VM, DNS, DHCP.
Personal projects and open-source work
Contribution to Open-source
- Projects by user-cont team at RedHat :: Conu and Colin.
- MusicBrainz Picard website
- Mozilla’s Webcompat project :: Webcompat issue parser and Autowebcompat.
Drymail is a minimalist wrapper over Python’s existing smtplib and email libraries, designed to be friendly but unrestrictive.
- Supports creating email with HTML content, plaintext content, or both!
- Supports mentioning contacts in the
"John Doe" <firstname.lastname@example.org>format.
- Support standard headers like CC, BCC, Reply-To and Authors.
- Supports injecting custom headers.
- Supports adding attachments.
- And most importantly — the library being minimalist, it doesn’t restrict you in any way like some of the most fancier email frameworks do.
A simple CLI client for peer-to-peer file or message sending written in Python.
- It supports file or message of size upto about 8.85 PeB (1 PiB ~ 10^6 GiB)!.
- Protection against transmission error using CRC32 checksum.
- Comes with CLI (command-line argument) and Interactive mode, both!